Thursday, June 17, 2010

Brainstorm

I've always wondered what a "brainstorm" looked like. Do neurons fire like lightening? If so, what is the thunder? Or is it more of a tsunami, crashing the shores of my brain with information? That sounds more like a cram session to me. Maybe I will draw a brainstorm. Notice the pretty color? That means I have an idea. How snazzy is that?

I'm currently listening to "Forced (Radio Edit)" by Cagedbaby, which is a person favorite of mine. I'm not sure what it is about this song, but every time I hear it, ideas poor in. Example: I now want to do a piece involving a large, anatomically correct heart, but have it exploding. I'm unsure how I will do this, or where the idea came from, but this song...it gets me every time. I also just got the idea to do a piece involving a horribly mutated king on his thrown, sort of a commentary on inbreeding in the upper class.

I know not all my ideas are genius. But at least I have ideas.

I once received dead roses on Valentine's Day. I know this is an odd statement, since all cut flowers are, by definition, dead, and truly random to throw in during my idea blog, but just stay with me. The roses were withered and brown as a result of the cold weather we'd been having. The gent who sent them to me and I were actually fighting at the time, and I believed the act to have been intentional. I'd like to do a piece capturing the moment where I opened the box of dead roses, and just about killed him. Obviously, it would be abstract. If I wanted a photograph of that moment, I would have taken one.

I don't use my art for catharsis enough. I should. I'm a very angry person, likely because I don't release my frustrations without making someone cry. Not always my proudest moments. I'm working on meditating more often, being more active, and keeping people who make me angry out of my life. But I have some things to work on. I think the rose piece in particular would be a good place to start my cathartic art.

As I create, I will post photos of completed works. This would likely go into Sunday blogs, just to keep things organized.

Oh, and I want to do a piece involving cottonwood seeds. We have tons where I live, and my puppy, Nero, loves to pounce on them. He's sleeping awkwardly next to me, smooshed in a doorway between cabinets that is much too small for a big boy like him. He's always curled up in place that just look uncomfortable. My silly little man.

Anyway

Plans made. Documented. Color coded. Off to be lazy elsewhere.

Your Achiever-in-the-Making
Martha May

No comments:

Post a Comment