Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Defining the Rules of Photo Journaling

While I have a free moment today (as I'm not feeling well and am avoiding cleaning), I decided I may as well figure out my plans for my photo journal. I realized that, while a photo journal is nice, it could be better! I was inspired by a contest called "Morbid Little Stories" where fans of the "Who Killed Amanda Palmer" book were asked to create their own short story based on a photo from the book. I had a lot of fun with the contest and will turn my photo journal into a similar contest against myself.

My plan is to take a photo, and then write something based off the photo. I find I have a hard time writing unless I have been writing regularly. Admittedly, the start will be rough. I doubt I'll produce much of value, but with time, I'm sure I'll improve.

Here is my schedule of events:
  • Monday--Plant photo and poem. I promise not to cop out too often and do a haiku.
  • Tuesday--Animal photo and poem.
  • Wednesday--Nero (my dog) photo and story from the day. This will probably be my favorite day.
  • Thursday--Self portrait and related short story. I'll try to keep short stories under 500 words for easy reading.
  • Friday--Ordinary objects photo and related short story.
  • Saturday--Open. Depending on what I end up doing on Saturdays, I want to have some options.
  • Sunday--Like the story goes, on the 7th day, I rest. Granted, the Jews rest on Saturday, which is technically the 7th day on a calendar. I think Catholics just rest on Sundays to get over the previous night's boozefest and to watch sports. I do plant to blog on Sundays, but that's more my big idea day.
As far as uploading all of this, I know throwing it all up once a week is a lot to read at one time. If I cannot upload daily, I will make sure to every other day, so things don't pile up.

Photo journaling will begin Monday. Be on the look out, and get excited.

Your Achiever-in-the-Making
Martha May

No comments:

Post a Comment