Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Afternoons of Greatness

It's been a wonderful day, which was rather unexpected. Fridays are typically my day off, when I lay around the house lazily, taking snuggle naps with my dog and watching lots of netflix. Today, however, I had several appointments and a final paper to write. Christmas shopping was also on my to-do list. It seemed as though my weekend was going to start off in a rush.

But, after obtaining some funky (part time) glasses, a successful interview, and some quick shopping, I came home for a true WI winter afternoon. I settled in to the living room with a bowl of mac and cheese, Coraline, and a nice fire. It was so lovely, I passed out on my couch. For several hours.

How I love Coraline. I haven't read the book, which is just naughty of me, I know. But it's true, as Mr Gaiman's daughter told him so aptly, "You're never too old for Coraline". It's such a wonderful story, and it makes me wish I could live in a beautiful Victorian home, evil other mothers be damned. And while I do love Coraline, of all the characters, I just love Miss Spink. I too am an outrageous, hip-blessed woman who loves dogs probably a little too much, and could use a busty friend to help me read some tea leaves. Interested? Apply via comment.

Back to the film, fire, and dog snuggles. Have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment