Monday, December 27, 2010

Sketchbook 2011

I've been a bad girl.

I signed up many months ago to participate in the Sketchbook Project through Art House Co-op. I received my sketchbook, full of ideas and excitement. When I went to cement my ideas and realize my creations, I discovered something horrible. I had no art supplies.

You see, last year I attended school in Texas. I moved all my art supplies with me, and even bought some more. When the school year was over, all of my things (art supplies included) were moved to my parent's home in California. I then moved back home to Wisconsin. My belongings were to be shipped to me. They never were.

I have budgeting problems. Whenever I wanted to buy more art supplies, I didn't have money. I usually had spent my money on etsy items and other frivolous things. Self-control has never been my strong suit.

But now, it is Christmas time. And, I am in California. I will be liberating my art supplies from the confines of their moving boxes, and bringing them back to Wisconsin. New art supplies will be joining them (Thank you, Santa).

And once I return to Wisconsin, I shall create!! I am unbelievably excited. I have a few ideas for my sketchbook, and assuredly will think of more over the long flight home. But now, with new brushes, paints, and markers, as well as my wonderful pastels, conte, and charcoal, things will finally come together.

Unfortunately, my sketchbook is due by January 15! I will only have 18 days! Although most of these days are free of any previous obligations, I still worry my own whimsy will draw me away from what I'm supposed to be drawing.

My New Year's Resolution: Make Shit Happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment