Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Day 9: Heartfelt

Today, I completed my third task:

  5) Send a letter

I sent a letter to my friend of 6 years, who is, as of two days ago, no longer my friend. It was a very difficult decision for me to come to, but I feel it is for the best. When I wrote my list up a few days ago, a few of the items were actually for him: send a letter, send art, etc. He'd been on my mind a lot recently, as our friendship was dissolving. I had every intention of doing my best to rekindle and revive what we had. Unfortunately, it wanted to die.

So I sent him my good-byes instead.

Thanks again, Amanda Palmer, for finding the write *wink wink* song for every major life decision: "Smile (Pictures or it Didn't Happen)". And thanks, Chumbawumba, for being there when the letter was written, and sealed, to remind me that, even though this friendship is over, I'm not: "Tubthumping".


No comments:

Post a Comment